I am finally at my last Composition Notebook Cover post….for now.
If you missed any of the last 3 post on how to redo your notebook covers you can find there here:
- Composition Notebook Cover Re-do #1 Paper Decoupage https://goo.gl/qSGXIh
- Composition Notebook Cover Re-do #2 Gesso & Paint https://goo.gl/nzdMIP
- Composition Notebook Cover Re-do #3 Yarn! https://goo.gl/Dbg4OJ
This week is the final post on Composition Notebook Redo’s. I thought it would be fun to finish up with some fabric. What is better to use than scraps! I am always looking for an excuse to use up scraps. I have this weird condition where I refuse to throw anything out, because I am absolutely sure I am going to need it one day. It’s not fatal but there is no cure and I do believe it was passed down genetically from my mother. ;D
So here we go!
Things you need:
- Fabric Scraps
- Mod-Podge or Elmer’s glue
- Optional: Stickles Glitter Glue or Puff Paint
- Composition Notebook
- Gather Supplies
- Pick your favorite fabric scraps
- Cut fabric into squares of various sizes. I was not careful in any way. You can cut perfect squares, I just chose to do the cover with a bit more random bits.
- Use a brush and add a layer of Mod-Podge or Elmer’s glue to a small area of your notebook. Then line up the squares and start to add fabric to the Mod Podged area. I started from the inside moving out so. That way if your scraps do not line up perfectly you can just trim the excess off.
- Keep adding squares…
- Add Some More… Make sure all pieces are completely glued down, cover with mod podge again if you want to be extra sure.
- Keep on going.. add some more…
- Until…It is finally all covered
- Let dry completely.
- Once it is dry, I added a border line around all the small pieces with stickles glitter glue. I even highlighted the random scraps to fill in the weird gaps.
- let dry.
Ta-Da!! and Woo-Hoo!! DIY Quilt style composition notebook cover out of fabric.
Can you imagine the possibilities! All those scraps so little time!
What do you think? I would love to know.
Have a wonderful week everyone!