Hi Everyone! Hope you are all having a great week so far.
Todays project is up-cycling an old picture frame into a Kitchen Reminder Board.
I was totally going to throw the frame away because I am borderline craft hoarder and finally talked myself into throwing something away (which is really hard for me lol), but then my boyfriend said “You’re not going to turn that into something?” ….Yes, Yes I am.. and boy am I glad I did!
I wanted something in the kitchen to just quickly jot down stuff as we ran out. I tried pen and paper but then I would lose the list then find it 3 months later behind the refrigerator. You know how it goes. 🙂
I think the frame is much happier in its new frock…and out of the landfill.
So here we go:
Paper or Fabric
Blank Background page
White Erase Pen
1. Clean off your old Frame.
2. Cover your frame with gesso. Let Dry.
3. While waiting for the gesso to completely dry, cut out your pieces of fabric or whatever you choose to cover the frame with.
Originally, I was going to use cut out flowers from magazines, and just add small pieces of scrap fabric. But as you can see, I fell in love with the fabric and decided to use that instead. It goes more with the vintage vibe of our kitchen.
4. After the frame is completely dry. Add each piece of fabric or paper by applying Gesso to frame, adding fabric then apply Gesso to the top.
4. Repeat until it’s covered. Make sure each piece is covered with the Gesso as a sealer.
5. Let it dry.
6. Add blank paper to the frame as a back ground.
7. Add a Dry Erase pen.
8. Ready to use!