All you need is love, love is all you need 😀
Playing with watercolors.
Stickers + Resin = Awesomeness!
I had this round white canvas and this extra pocket. I had no idea how this was going to turn out. I had no plan in mind, but I actually really like how it turned out a whole lot. The beads were the best touch, it looked really unfinished before. The beads also really brighten the whole thing. I love how little touches make a big difference.
Would you like to own it? I am selling it here —> https://www.etsy.com/listing/182339541/beaded-canvas-wall-pocket?ref=shop_home_active_4
Making your own wall art is fun and easy!
- paint brushes
- turpentine (if using Oil)
- Mod Podge
- Gather your materials.
- Make sure your canvas is clean, if you notice any dust or dirt give it a wipe.
- Start with the oil paint. The owl canvas is painted simple black, but you could depending on your fabric create awesome backgrounds. I love the richness of oil paint, but it is serious stuff. It is slow drying so you can add colors and mix colors. It does however, take a while to dry. So if you are using oil this process is going to take days rather than hours.
- While drying find your fabric and cut out some designs. Trim any fly away treads. I cut out an owl
- Brush the Mod Podge over the fabric cut outs and apply to the canvas. Once placed on the canvas brush the Mod Podge over the top of the fabric.
- Let dry.
- Once dry, spray with sealer.
- Let dry.
- Once that is done, I added the small rhinestones with more Mod Podge.
This is fun, really inexpensive project to quickly update the look of any room. You could do this project alone, with your kids, or friends!
If you do not want to make one but still want one you can purchase this one! Visit SugarBeetCrafts on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/180332961/owl-friend-canvas?ref=shop_home_active_20
Sugar Beet Crafts on Etsy.com! The store is slowly but surely being stocked with handmade and vintage goods. Please stop by, I would love any feedback.
I took this picture on the bluffs in Santa Monica.